« Home | Pussy Cat (or Cindy was my inspiration) » | HNT » | I'm Just Not Into You » | Today Sublime is Stuck in my Head. Loop. » | HNT » | Dear Diary » | Do As I Say, Not As I Do » | This is my new blue girlfiend. She's cool cuz she... » | this guy won at the race and then did donuts on th... » | At the tech museum » 

Saturday, August 20, 2005 

Thera Flu Madness

Yesterday I woke up sick. I’m talking face swollen, eyes watering, skin puffy sick.

I looked like SHIT, and sounded like shit too. Which is, trust me, far from normal. So I took some thera flu and headed off to work. At lunch I walked down to walgreens to buy some more which is where I found these thera flu caplets. Which was actually way better for me to take at work so I was pretty happy when I went up to the register.

Where they asked me for my ID

My ID? Wha?

I had actually left my purse, with my ID in my friends car. The walk to walgreens was somewhat impromptu, but there was no way in hell I was walking back and forth so I could grab my ID for FUCKING THERA FLU!!!

Umm. NO WHERE on that box does it say I have to be 18 to buy that.

But I need to see your id.

Why?

Because my cash register says I have to.

Look man, I’m 25 and I’m obviously sick. Just give me the damn meds.

This last part was not said pissily. Mostly because I was on the verge of losing my voice and had just walked several blocks while feeling that I had no oxygen to my brain.

Anyway, the guy finally sold it to me. BUT WHAT THE FUCK.

Now I’ve looked at this box and the ingredients and the warning several times. Still no frickin clue why I needed ID.

Whatever, anyway I gotta go snort… I mean take… some more thera flu now.

|